About Dark Matter
Dark Matter breaks all conventional rules for producing Pu'er teas, and we love it! Typically, Pu'er teas are not produced with many buds. Because the tea leaves are piled to produce Pu'er, buds are usually disregarded because the main thing tea producers care about is volume. More volume means more leaves than buds. Dark Matter is different.
An unusually high proportion of buds go into making Dark Matter. We believe that this is why it takes on an unexpected caramel flavor that is so noticeable amongst its quintessential Pu'er earthiness.
- Category: Black Tea (Hei Cha)
- Subcategory: Pu'er Tea
- Location: Lincang, Yunnan Province
- Pick: Spring 2014
- Special Properties: Fermented, Old Style Processing
- Taste: Caramel, Earthy
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, Mellow
- Sensory Experience: Warming
- Roast: None
- Oxidation: Light