About Gossamer Silver Needle
Gossamer Silver Needle (Bai Hao Yinzhen) is a higher end version of our classic Silver Needle.
What distinguishes Gossamer Silver Needle from our classic Silver Needle is the terroir. This Bai Hao Yinzhen is grown two thousand feet above sea level. The terroir is foggy and cloudy all year round. This creates the ideal conditions for the tea bushes to develop a distinct mouthfeel and soak up the terroir's flavors. The tea bushes themselves are surrounded by vast forests, all grown on red and yellow mountainous, volcanic soil.
Because of the craft that goes into taming a tea grown into this terroir, this tea commands a higher price on the market.
- Category: White Tea (Bai Cha)
- Location: Fuding, Fujian Province
- Pick: Spring 2019
- Special Properties: Famous Tea
- Aroma: Honey, Fruit, Light
- Taste: Fresh, Fruit, White Wine
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, Medium Body
- Aftertaste: Coolness, Fresh
- Sensory Experience: Relaxing, Cooling
- Roast: None
- Oxidation: Light