About Junshan Needle (Junshan Yinzhen)
Junshan Needle (Junshan Yinzhen) is probably the most recognizable Yellow tea to Western audiences. It is one of China's Ten Famous Teas. It is also the one of the rarest of Chinese teas with widely recognized names.
Real Junshan Yinzhen comes from Junshan Island while knock offs come from the area surrounding Dongting lake. Because of our friendships with farmers in China, we have been able to bring back true Junshan Yinzhen to share with our tea friends in the West.
- Category: Yellow Tea (Huang Cha)
- Location: Junshan Island, Hunan Province
- Pick: Spring 2019
- Special Properties: Famous
- Aroma: Slightly Vegetal
- Taste: Fresh, Clean, Toasted Rice
- Mouthfeel: Smooth
- Aftertaste: Fresh, Clean
- Sensory Experience: Neutral
- Roast: None
- Oxidation: Light