About Qimen Needle
Qimen is one of the four great categories of Red tea, collectively known as Qihong, the others being Lapsang Souchang, Assam, and Darjeeling. Qimen teas are renowned because they are the basis for English Breakfast.
If you have come across the name "Keemun", this is a different spelling of Qimen. We prefer to use Qimen in our shop because in mainland China using non-pinyin spellings is looked upon as highly offensive.
- Category: Red Tea (Hong Cha)
- Location: Qimen County, Anhui Province
- Pick: Spring 2019
- Special Properties: Famous
- Taste: Sweet, Rich, English Breakfast
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, Viscous
- Aftertaste: Fresh, Hints of Sweetness
- Sensory Experience: Warming
- Roast: None
- Oxidation: Heavy
Best Brewed in Glass or Ceramic
|Amount of tea||4 grams of tea|
|Brew Covered or Uncovered||Uncovered|
Ceramic or Glass
In Store Pickup is free at our Oakland location.
Overnight and Domestic shipping available.
For international shipping, please contact John directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org